The Senior Control Engineer is responsible for design and support of process control and related projects for the Processing Plants.
Responsibilities for Control Engineer
- Engineering and technical support for process control, instrumentation, and measurement technologies.
- Providing guidance and support for process control project scope and estimates.
- Participating in operational training as related to these systems.
Qualifications for Control Engineer
- A minimum of a B.S. degree in engineering or 10 years controls related experience is required.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience on implementation of process control and related systems in processing plants is required.
- Extensive knowledge in industry standards for documentation, basic regulatory and discrete control, loop tuning, safety systems, and PLC configuration is required.
- Knowledge reading and developing of process, electrical and instrumentation drawings Cause and Effect Diagrams, specifications and control narratives is required.
- Configuration experience in various HMI and PLC platforms along with function block and ladder logic programming is required.
- Working experience with Honeywell TDC3000 and Experion DCS is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC and Triconex Safety Systems configuration experience is a plus.
- Ability to independently manage multiple tasks as well as being able to manage large amounts of work through others (like contractor support) is required.
- Must be able to lift a minimum 50 lbs. and climb a ladder.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels within the organization (operations and contractors), both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to travel up to 15″ domestically and be on call as required.